How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Apps Blocked / unblocked not working

I am currently trialling Family Zone as an alternative to Our Pact. However, I am not yet sold on Family Zones current ability to block/unblock apps: 1. This feature is only available on Android 2. Each time I change from Sleep to Play mode it takes quite a while for the device to finally recognise the change and either allow or disallow access to the apps So far I'm not completely convinced it is worth swapping over.

Hi Arlene, 

Thank you for letting us know about this. Our developers are currently working on the 'Hide All Apps' feature for iOS which should be released later this month, which will enable the ability to block and unblock all apps. 

In regards to having issues with the quick time changes for specific devices, ideally this should not take more than about 1 minute to be pushed out to said devices. 

Could you please ring us on 1300 398 326 so that we can do some live troubleshooting with you over the phone and get this issue resolved? This would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards,

Eric

I have installed mobile zone app on daughters android. When I check website access tells me it should be blocked (Instagram and facebook) as it is a school night, I'm testing the access and alas can access both Instagram and facebook when it should be in sleep mode.

What can I do.

Thanks 

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I've taken a look at your routine and age profile controls for Instagram/Facebook and indeed they should be blocked. Additionally I've examined our traffic logs and can see Instagram and Facebook have returned a blocked status.

Can you confirm that these apps are able to download new content? The child will still be able to open the apps but will not be able to send/receive any new data.

Regards,

David B

Hi 

Can i completely block all installs of new apps on my son's phone?

Thanks

Hi Allison,

Yes, you can block app installs using the  Age Profile Control  settings in your account page. When this device feature is enabled the app store on iOS devices disappears and is greyed out on android phones. If you would like to enable this option I have outlined the instructions below.

- Select Settings in the blue menu on the left-hand side of the page

- Then select Age Profile Controls in the white drop-down menu that appears

- Now change the first tab at the top to the same age profile as that of your child

- Change the second tab to Device Features

- At the bottom of these options you will notice that there is an option called Permit App Installs

- Toggle this option to grey and this will prevent apps from being installed on the device

I hope that helps with your question, if you need any more help please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Zac J

Customer Service Representative

Thanks Zac clear instructions, success!

Hi Zac 

the change worked at first and i could turn off permit app intalls, but now it has reset and all toggles in that section are on again. 

Help

Just tested it and with permit app installs toggle in grey position off i could download instagram into his phone. 

Hi Alison,

I have had a look at your account and I can see that permit app installs is set to on for the 9 - 12 age bracket.

Bear in mind it can take a few minutes for device restrictions to kick in, you may need to reset the phone.

You are welcome to call us on 1300 398 326 if you are still having issues disabling the App store 

Login to post a comment